Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tybee Island: July 2008

I had a great time at Tybee this weekend. Saturday Nigel was the guide for a trip around Little Tybee. We got into some waves on the front side from the hurricane in Bermuda (Bertha, I think.) The way back was mostly tidal marsh, very peaceful and beautiful.

Here's a photo from lunch -- delicioius salmon sandwiches that Nigel fixed. I'm crazy for Nigel's sandwiches.

On Sunday Nigel was the teacher for three of us who practiced rescues and paddling in surf. I think I am getting a bit better, but it's a slow process! Here's Nigel at Alley 3 after class. It looks so flat from this vantage, but to me the waves were huge.
All in all, a wonderful weekend. The only downside is that I barely got to see Kristin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home